Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Still I Will Fly

And I choose to fly

like a bird in the sky

when the wind blows so strong

and I just can't hold on.

I find the strength to let go,

admit I don't know

how the journey might end

with my face in the wind.

Still I will fly.

A hope that rides high on the wind

yet often crashed to the ground

when the storms hangin 'round.

How to fly high and far

when you let your hope grow.

You know you never can know.

You just gotta let yourself go.

Just gotta let yourself go.

So i choose to fly

like a bird in the sky

when the wind blows so strong

and I just can't hold on.

I find the strength to let go,

admit I don't know

how the journey might end

with my face in the wind.

Still I will fly.

And those dreams

that burn in the soul

and move the seeker from home

to travel roads all alone,

they move the timid to try,

to take to the sky.

You know deep down inside

we're all yearning to fly.

We're all yearning to fly.

So I choose to fly....

Herm Weaver, "Still I Will Fly" from Stories and Songs for the Road

No comments: